Thursday 8 December 2011

Keeping Faith (blog by Latryce Douglas)




The book I chose to read is called ‘keeping faith’, written by Jodi Picoult. I was told about the kind of books Jodi Picoult wrote by a friend. I immediately wanted to read one. She suggested this book to me and so far I have wanted to read more and more! This book is about a 7 year old girl, Faith, whose mother, Mariah, has just been divorced and is falling into a deep depression, thanks to Mariah’s mother, she is pulling through. This happens around the beginning of the book when I started to get attached to it. During rough times with her mother, Faith starts to see an imaginary friend called her ‘Guard’, her mother is worried and takes her to a therapist and they say she is seeing a God. This guard is giving Faith the power to perform miracles such as healing a baby from AIDS and saving a mother from cancer, but from all this Faith is developing stigmata. This is all I have gotten to so far. I find this book very interesting and I can’t wait to finish it!

Latryce Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment