Wednesday 8 May 2024

The Great Gatsby - graphic novel adaptation

 


So, you can do justice to a timeless classic in graphic novel form. Who knew? Nicki Greenberg's six-year labour of love is palpable in the richness of the illustrations and the selection of text. Wow, I say.

It has been many years since I discovered Gatsby. A romantic at heart, I loved it. I am sharing this post in the hope that some of you less literature-lovin' folk will dip a toe in and see what the fuss has been about.

To my mind, by cartoonifying the characters (is that even a word?), the reader can absorb enough of the original text without feeling giddy.

Check out the arrogance and disdain captured in the expression and body language of Miss Baker. Brilliant! Greenberg has managed to do this for all the characters, every time. What a gift!

Do yourself a fat favour and read the book.

Miss ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment