Monday 14 March 2011

Jump In!

Right-o, year 9. For wider reading this year you will be assessed via your blog! That's right, you will blog your thoughts on the book you have chosen to read. You will also have to post comments to your colleagues. Sound tricky? No, I didn't think so. You guys are all tech-savvy so I am expecting great things.

First - pick a book to read. Go for something that interests you. Check with me.
Next - create a blog on 'blogger.com'
Then - read!
Finally -write a short blog entry about your book once a week. Be sure to put your link on this site so others can read and comment on your blog. This may include asking you questions about the the book.

Remember, the URL for this blog is: TCwiderreading

Enjoy!

Miss Tarn

3 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Tarn
    I'm not quite sure how your book blog works. Have all your students created their own blogs and simply followed yours so you can link to theirs? Let me know so I can set up my students. Cheers. MsTarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure that what I am doing is the easiest way. I started this blog. I introduced the site to the students. Every time I have my wider reading lesson we have access to 14 computers in the library. I simply gave each student the opportunity to create their own URL and then ADD me. Most elected to do this by way of 'comment' much as you did. I have since ADDED them to me and deleted their comments.
    Most students have internet at home. Either way it is no problem for them to blog once a week at school. Some are running with it; some are dragging their feet. For me, I see it as ticking the IT box and saving paper! As with you, I hope students discover good literature along the way.
    Let me know when you are up and running; some of the year 9s are keen to link with your students. Kind regards. Miss ^__^

    ReplyDelete