Sunday 6 November 2011

Welcome to Wider Reading Semester Two 2011

Here is an excerpt from my latest choice of novel by New Zealand author Mandy Hager:

... Here I am, stinking of puke, so cold I can no longer feel my feet, and my goddamned mind – my great and wonderful and highly intellectual mind – keeps trying to picture Jacinta in the shower. I’m doomed. I’m lost. But that small pink flash of nipple, as she tore that stupid nightgown off...


Not really targeted at my generation but I figured there’d be someone in Year 9 who might want to know what happens next in the novel Smashed. I am losing interest at page 40 but I’ll keep going and see where this young lad ends up. (Jacinta was never going to sleep with him; she just wanted his brains to get a good mark on her maths assignment, apparently!) Happy reading everyone! Miss ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment